Door Creek Volunteer Stream Monitoring
Dane County Land and Water Resources Department, Rock River Coalition, Friends of Lake Kegonsa and other partners are working to reduce the amount of phosphorus and other nutrients entering our streams and lakes by focusing on specific water bodies. Over the next 10 years, a focus will be placed on Door Creek and Little Door Creek. We need volunteers to help measure levels of nutrients and to assess other indicators of stream health. Volunteer today to help us to achieve the goal of clean streams and healthy lakes!
- Attend a FREE training workshop (listed below)
- Devote a few hours each month (from April to October) to assigned stream site
- Deliver water samples to the Madison Metropolitan Sewerage District (1610 Moorland Road, Madison) each month
All equipment is provided – except for hip boots or waders.
All volunteers must participate in one of these FREE training workshops:
- Saturday, April 29, 2017 (9:00am-2:30pm) - Location: Waunakee Village Center, Waunakee WI
- Saturday, May 6, 2017 (9:00am-2:30pm) - Location: Amundson Center, Cambridge WI
These workshops are hands-on, in-stream look at life in a stream. After the training, you will be assigned a stream monitoring site in the Door Creek Watershed. Pre-registration is required. Email Nancy Sheehan (Rock River Coalition Monitoring Program Coordinator) to register. Please mention that you are interested in monitoring in Door Creek.
Spaces fill quickly so register today!