Dane County Lakes and Watersheds
Each year, the Dane County Lakes and Watershed Commission prepares water-related budget recommendations for consideration by the Dane County Executive and the County Board. The Commission will hold a public hearing on their 2019 Budget Recommendations (PDF) on July 19, 2018, commencing at 5:00 p.m. in Room 354 of the City-County Building.
Native plants have tremendous water quality benefits and increase habitat and food sources for pollinators. Because of this, the Dane County Land and Water Resources Department has started a native plant growing program to provide a source of free native plants to help schools and community groups with projects that benefit water quality or have educational benefits. Learn more about this program and apply by July 22 for fall plants.
The Office of Lakes and Watersheds is one division of the Dane County Land & Water Resources Department. We aim to protect and improve the water resources of Dane County by coordinating with other department and agency staff, water-related citizen groups, the Dane County Lakes and Watershed Commission, and a myriad of other partner organizations in the area.
In 2014, the Office of Lakes and Watersheds expanded its community engagement program and created several new programs and partnerships with the goal of engaging more residents in Dane County and working together to improve our water resources.
- 7/26/2018 - Indian Lake Rehabilitation Public Meeting
- 7/27/2018 - Volunteer Restoration Workdays @ Dane County Parks
- 7/28/2018 - UW Madison Arboretum Core Area/Curtis Prairie Work Party
- 8/3/2018 - Prairie Planting Capital Springs Recreation Area
- 8/3/2018 - Sugar Maple Music Festival @ Lake Farm County Park
- 8/4/2018 - UW Madison Arboretum Grady Tract Work Party
- 8/8/2018 - Dairy Heifer Grazing Tour
- 8/14/2018 - Pollinator Habitat Planning for Farmers & Landowners Workshop
- 8/14/2018 - Pollinator Habitat Planning for Farmers and Landowners
- 8/18/2018 - Pheasant Branch Conservancy - Restoration Workdays
- 8/18/2018 - Statewide Snapshot Day @ Festge County Park
- 8/21/2018 - Nutrient Management Plan Writing Refresher Workshop
- 8/25/2018 - Barks for Parks! fundraiser for Dane County Dog Parks!
- 8/30/2018 - Pollinator Habitat Planning for Farmers and Landowners
- 9/28/2018 - Harvest Moon- Capital Spring Recreation Area- Friday,September 28, 2018 (6:00 pm - 9:00 pm)
- 12/1/2018 - Arboretum Wingra Oak Savanna Work Party