Dane County Lakes and Watersheds
Due to recent rainfall, Dane County is placing slow-no-wake orders on Lake Monona, Waubesa and Kegonsa. The restrictions for watercraft to slow down will take effect immediately today.
Native plants have tremendous water quality benefits and increase habitat and food sources for pollinators. Because of this, the Dane County Land and Water Resources Department has started a native plant growing program to provide a source of free native plants to help schools and community groups with projects that benefit water quality or have educational benefits. Learn more about this program and apply by July 22 for fall plants.
The Office of Lakes and Watersheds is one division of the Dane County Land & Water Resources Department. We aim to protect and improve the water resources of Dane County by coordinating with other department and agency staff, water-related citizen groups, the Dane County Lakes and Watershed Commission, and a myriad of other partner organizations in the area.
In 2014, the Office of Lakes and Watersheds expanded its community engagement program and created several new programs and partnerships with the goal of engaging more residents in Dane County and working together to improve our water resources.
- 6/22/2018 - Volunteer Restoration Workdays @ Dane County Parks
- 6/23/2018 - Barn Dance - Silverwood County Park
- 6/23/2018 - UW Madison Arboretum Core Area/Curtis Prairie Work Party
- 6/23/2018 - BioBlitz at Lake Farm County Park
- 6/23/2018 - Prairie Chase Run/Walk at Pheasant Branch Conservancy
- 6/27/2018 - Lupine Prairie Seed Collection Day - Schoenburg Marsh
- 6/30/2018 - Dane County Lake Access Sites and Tenney Lock Free Day
- 7/6/2018 - Prairie Planting Capital Springs Recreation Area
- 7/7/2018 - Annual Wingra Creek Clean-up with Catholic Multicultural Center
- 7/7/2018 - UW Madison Arboretum Grady Tract Work Party
- 7/20/2018 - Prairie Planting Capital Springs Recreation Area
- 7/21/2018 - Pheasant Branch Conservancy - Restoration Workdays
- 7/22/2018 - Free Native Plants for School and Community Projects Application Deadline
- 8/8/2018 - Dairy Heifer Grazing Tour
- 8/25/2018 - Barks for Parks! fundraiser for Dane County Dog Parks!
- 12/1/2018 - Arboretum Wingra Oak Savanna Work Party