Dane County Lakes and Watersheds
Due to heavy rainfall, Dane County is declaring a slow-no-wake for the entire surface of Lake Mendota, Monona, and Waubesa.
The Office of Lakes and Watersheds is one division of the Dane County Land & Water Resources Department. We aim to protect and improve the water resources of Dane County by coordinating with other department and agency staff, water-related citizen groups, the Dane County Lakes and Watershed Commission, and a myriad of other partner organizations in the area.
In 2014, the Office of Lakes and Watersheds expanded its community engagement program and created several new programs and partnerships with the goal of engaging more residents in Dane County and working together to improve our water resources.
- 8/21/2018 - Nutrient Management Plan Writing Refresher Workshop
- 8/25/2018 - UW Madison Arboretum Core Area/Curtis Prairie Work Party
- 8/25/2018 - Barks for Parks! fundraiser for Dane County Dog Parks!
- 8/30/2018 - Pollinator Habitat Planning for Farmers and Landowners
- 8/30/2018 - Fall Prairie Seed Collection Volunteer Day
- 9/1/2018 - UW Madison Arboretum Grady Tract Work Party
- 9/7/2018 - Prairie Seed Cleaning-Hammer Milling Volunteer Workday
- 9/15/2018 - Pheasant Branch Conservancy - Restoration Workdays
- 9/28/2018 - Harvest Moon- Capital Spring Recreation Area- Friday,September 28, 2018 (6:00 pm - 9:00 pm)
- 12/1/2018 - Arboretum Wingra Oak Savanna Work Party